December 31, 2008 in Quizzes
As may have been obvious, the quizzing scene gets a bit quiet over the Christmas period.
However, I decided I shouldn’t let the ending of 2008 go by without posting something to keep folks brains ticking over.
Here’s a small quiz to do with the change of the year.
- Who wrote the words to Auld Lang Syne, as sung on New Year’s Eve?
- On what date does the Eastern Orthodox church celebrate the New Year?
- Which country is the only one in which January 1 is not a public holiday, even though they officially use the Gregorian calendar?
- Davor Šuker, Verne Troyer and DJ Shadow – all born on January 1, but who’s the oldest?
- True or false: 1752 was the first year that Ireland officially celebrated the New Year on January 1?
There ya go. All the best with them. I’ll post the answers in 2009!
Happy New Year to all.