Eurovision Tuesday answers
May 13, 2009 in Culture
Click more… to check them out.
- In what year did ABBA first enter the Eurovision? A> 1973. Their first song ‘Ring Ring‘ finished third at the Swedish national selection contest.
- Which country has won the title on the most occasions? A> Ireland, with seven wins.
- Where did the first Eurovision take place? A> Lugano, Switzerland.
- Teach-In won the 1975 contest for The Netherlands, with which song? A> Ding-a-Dong.
- In what year did four countries share the title? A> 1969.
- Celine Dion won the 1988 contest, for which country? A> Switzerland.
- In what year did the UK last win the Eurovision? A> 1997.
- Who was Ireland’s representative at Congratulations, the Eurovision’s 50 year retrospective event? A> Johnny Logan.
- As of 2008, which country has competed in the contest the most times without a win? A> Portugal.
- Which nation has withdrawn from the 2009 contest after the EBU requested they change the lyrics of their chosen song? A> Georgia.
Stay tuned to the blog as on Thursday I’ll be doing a Eurovision-themed pics and vids round. Sorry folks, the week turned out to be busy. 🙁