Ándale! Ándale! answers
It’s the day of the All-Ireland Table Quiz final and I’ll all a-flutter.
However, I must do as a I promised and post up the answers to the questions I included in yesterday’s article.
I hope you got them all right. After all, you had way more time than I had!
- What is the name for an official announcement from a bishop to his diocese? A> Pastoral Letter
- What was the name of the Inquiry into collusion between Loyalist paramilitaries and Northern Irish state forces? A> Stevens Inquiry
- Which film won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1995*? A> Braveheart
- What is the name of the lighthouse seven miles off the coast of Dublin? A> Kish
- In which town was the first ever All-Ireland final held? A> Birr
- Which company has supplied tennis balls to Wimbledon since 1902? A> Slazenger
- In which town is there a statue in memory of actor Richard Harris? A> Kilkee
- Who is the Governor of the Irish Central Bank? A> Patrick Honohan
- Which is the highest male singing voice? A> Tenor
- What word is used to describe a cat with a stripy pattern on its fur? A> Tabby
- What was the previous name of Dublin’s Pearse Street railway station? A> Westland Row
- What is the surname of the couple who were released from captivity in Somalia last week? A> Chandler
- Owen McDonnell is the star of which RTÉ drama series? A> Single-Handed
- Stephen Rea
- Terry Wogan
- Rachel Allen
- Alan Sugar
- Bill Cullen
- Angela Merkel
- David Gandy
- David O’Callaghan**
- Emily O’Reilly
- Cheryl Cole
- Donncha O’Callaghan
- Luke Fitzgerald
- David O’Leary
- Iris Robinson
- Dermot O’Leary
- Dermot Bannon
- Colin Farrell
- Julie Walters
- Craig Doyle
- Stephen Fry
Not a bad picture round. Couple of common pics (Colin Farrell again!) but no Seoige and David O’Callaghan, a man so mysterious I couldn’t find a link for his name.
* The difficulty with Oscar questions is that the year the award is presented isn’t the same as the year it’s awarded for.
** He’s the new Chairman of the Irish Red Cross.