The difference maker
The vagaries of the random draw threw up an interesting situation for my team this Tuesday night at Gilligan’s, Claremorris. Three of us (myself, Tom and Turlough) had been together last week as well. As you probably remember, we ended up losing by (a largely self-inflicted) four points. So, this week, would the addition of one new player (Mick) make the difference?
The answer to that question was “yes” as, with a nice bit of symmetry, we ended up winning by four points.
It was interesting to notice the dynamic that developed even after just two weeks. We’d already started cracking in-jokes! However, that ends now as I’m sure next week’s shuffle will see us scattered to the four corners of the bar.
Here are the questions we missed:
- What Latin phrase means “in proportion to”?
- Which sculptor created the Dublin monuments to Wolfe Tone and Thomas Davis?
- Which Irish poet was killed at the third battle of Ypres?
- Who wrote the song Ride On?
- Clannad had an international hit with the theme from which TV series?
- The Andaman Islands belong to which country?
- The river Don flows into which body of water?
- Which country will host a Formula One grand prix for the first time in 2011?
- What was the final score in the football league game between Mayo and Monaghan last weekend?
- Who is the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government?
- The census on April 10 last was the 21st, 24th or 28th in Ireland?
- Name the first five Roman Emperors. *
Update: answers be here.
* I got this one right actually. I’m just including it here out of vanity.