And so the end is near…
As befitted the week that was in it, the quiz had an end-of-year feel to it with free food on offer and a free raffle also. In this I managed to win a bottle of wine! Alas, that was the only victory that came our way as we were defeated by two points in the quiz.
This was hosted by Eddie, my old buddy from the Irish Independent photo back in January. He put on a nice quiz, illuminated by some of his more colloquial pronunciations!
I shall miss him, and the rest of the Gilligan’s crew, throughout this upcoming Summer recess.
Here are the questions we missed:
- In the Old Testament, Noah’s Ark was made out of what wood?
- What is the female lead in an opera called?
- What was invented by Sir James Dewer?
- What is the name of Barack Obama’s eight cousin, who the US President met in Moneygall this week?
- Which author created the character of Philip Marlowe?
- On which Japanese island is Tokyo located?
- What is the world’s most southerly capital city?
- Funchal is the capital city of which European island?
- How many MLAs are elected to the Northern Ireland Assembly?
- What is the chief ingredient of Mock Turtle soup?
- What does a mycologist study?
- What part of the body is affected by quincey?
- What is the name of the training of horses to obedience?
- Which team won the Division 2 National Football League earlier this month?
Answers tomorrow morning. Until then.
Update: answers here.