Guess who’s back
Truth be told though, it was due to start the week before but such was the low turnout (I was part of that problem, alas) that it was postponed for seven days. This Tuesday the crowd was nothing to write home about either but, with 11 people, we were able to press on albeit with only three tables taking part. Let’s hope that numbers pick up during the weeks ahead. Certainly for next week, when yours truly is, at short-notice, due to be quiz master.
My own team-of-three suffered the ignominy of being in joint-first at half-time before collapsing over the second section to finish third. Yes, that is third out of three! Our final score of 83 was four behind second place and a further point behind the eventual winners. Winners who themselves had been ‘last’ at half-time!
Our terrible finish was tempered by going out on a high. We scored a perfect 12 in the picture round – in spite of the fact that at least three of them were educated guesses. Quite well-educated, as it turned out..!
You can check the pictures out after the jump, along with the questions that cost us dearly. Go on, give them a go.
- Who took over from Roisin Shorthall as Minister of State for Primary Care recently?
- Which Louth town is almost exactly half-way between Dublin and Belfast?
- Which Irish author said “The truth is rarely pure and never simple”?
- Who wrote the song Streets of London?
- What was the final score in the 2012 All-Ireland Senior Football final?
- Who captained Dublin to last year’s All-Ireland Football title?
- What was the final score in the All-Ireland Senior Hurling final replay?
- Which pub did US President Barack Obama visit in the Offaly town of Moneygall?
- Roger Babson invented what device, often hated by motorists, in 1928?
Picture round (click to enlarge):
Update: Answers here.