On top of the Hill: answers
November 24, 2015 in Quizzes
Here are the answers to the questions we missed in Cavan on the Sunday-before-last.
First, let’s talk about the question I described as the “greatest fluke ever”. It was “Who wrote ‘The Boy at the Top of the Mountain’?”
None of us had ever heard of it. It wasn’t even ringing the tiniest of bells. No bells in fact. There was silence on the bell front.
Not surprisingly, we all hated the thought of handing in a blank answer so, from what I recall was a piece of desperation, Kevin suggested “Maybe it’s by the guy who wrote ‘The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas’…”
Still no recognition from anyone. One of us joked, “Yeah, it does start with ‘The Boy…’. Maybe that’s his thing?”
Anyway, since I did know who that author was, I wrote down his name: John Boyne. Correct-a-mundo!
Here are the rest of the answers:
- The use of which device is prohibited in Switzerland on a Sunday? A> Lawn mower
- Who is the patron saint of housewives? A> Martha
- Where in the body can you find the columella? A> Nose
- What does a tailor do with his plonker? A> Irons/presses
- Which animal can survive the longest without water? A> Rat
- Who or what does a gozzard keep? A> Geese
- Which judge is chairing the inquiry into dealings at IBRC? A> Brian Cregan
- Against which team did Robbie Keane make his debut for the Rep. of Ireland? A> Czech Republic
- Which act took umbrage with Donald Trump over his using of their song ‘Dream On’? A> Aerosmith
- Who is this year’s GAA Footballer of the year? A> Jack McCaffrey
- Who is this year’s GAA Hurler of the year? A> TJ Reid
- In what county is the village of Ballyhayes? A> Cavan
- What is the name of Enya’s new album? A> Dark Sky Island
- Which country was invaded by the USA under Operation Just Cause? A> Panama