Buzzers in Ballyhaunis

Home Forums Quizzing in Ireland Buzzers in Ballyhaunis

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of John Nolan John Nolan 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John Nolan
    John Nolan

Well, I’ve just returned from the quiz and it was great fun. Especially so in the second half of the night when the organisers put a time limit of 30 seconds per question in place.

Full report coming tomorrow sometime. (Most likely after the rugby!)

Profile photo of John Nolan
    John Nolan

There’s a very interesting quiz taking place in Ballyhaunis Golf Club on Friday evening next. It’s in aid of a nearby national school, the one in Gorthaganny to be specific. It’s listed on this site’s calendar as ‘A quiz with a difference’.

The difference being that the school have a set of buzzers, each with four buttons, and each table will have one of these. The questions on the night will all be called out a la ‘WWTBA Millionaire’ i.e. with four possible answers. The teams then simply have to choose the right one. As the poster for the event says, no-one will need a pen. 🙂 Also, the system handles all the scoring which means less work for the organisers and instant scores on a big screen for the competitors. It’s a win-win – if it works as planned.

I’m going to go along and check it out anyway. It could be the future!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.